Gepost op Woensdag 21 september 2011 07:32 door Scarlet Hemkes in Proud2Day
"Why Eating Disorders are not cool"
- Eating disorders are not cool. You will not make friends, you will lose your ability to keep the ones you already have.
- Being fat does not excuse eating disordered behaviour. If it's disordered it's disordered, despite your weight.
- Anorexia and bulimia are not diets. They are not easy. They only serves to make your life living hell.
- Anorexia does not equal beauty.
- Once you start it is near on impossible to stop. You are not an exception to this rule
- There are better ways to express your emotions. If you're sad cry. If you're angry scream at the roof top. Your voice communicates your emotions much better than your body ever will.
- Eating healthy and moderately exercising will make you much more attractive than rotten and missing teeth, frail bones, grey complexion and a face of doom ever will.
- Sticking your head down the toilet never becomes a pleasant experiences. It is simply not worth it
- If you want to fit in-go make some friends. Ana is not one of them!
- Mary-Kate looks like a monkey
- Depression is a pit and not cool
- This is not a good way to go about getting attention
- If you have problems, there is no shame in talking about them, there is no shame in asking for help. It shows a much stronger person to speak up than it does to keep quiet and become subsequently ill.
- An eating disorder affects everyone around you in a bad way
- Everyone deserves to be heard, even yourself.